Monday, April 25, 2011

Working for the Weekend!

"Working for the Weekend" is a song released in 1981 on the rock band Loverboy's second album Get Lucky




Are you cursing my name because this song is now stuck in your head?  Hopefully not and if you haven't already closed this page, check out some of the updates from Friday and Saturday.  The remodel is still on schedule as I prepare for the cabinets to be delivered on Wednesday and installed this upcoming Saturday.  Busy and productive times!


The Hardie Backer board is installed and the joints are taped and mortared.
The floor is now ready for the base cabinets and tile.

Wall and ceiling have been repaired and are now ready for paint and new upper cabinets.
Also, there is now an outlet for the microwave above the range.

Opposite wall also ready for cabinets.
We had to move the outlet 6 inches because we are relocating the refrigerator.

Another view of the drywall work.


12x12 inch vinyl tile in the mater bath suite.
Boom - outta here!

Porcelain tile install is on my to-do list


Half of the slate tiles to be installed in the 3-season porch.
Since it is a natural stone, you need to seal it before installing it.
This is the product I used to seal the slate.  I bought it from Lowe's and it was pretty easy to use.
Just apply it with a brush.  3 coats with 2 hour dry time between them.


New appliances were delivered on Saturday and patiently waiting for the kitchen to be completed.

New fridge!

New sliding door to be installed this week.


We planted 4 pine trees on Earth Day in the backyard.  This one looks like twig but it was a legitimate sapling.




I replaced a broken and dirty window pane in the basement.

I really just wanted an excuse to use my crowbar again.

New pane...big fan of Ace Hardware too!

Done!
 I really included this update so my insurance guy would have proof I fixed the pane per his request.  :)
  

1 comment: