Thursday, June 6, 2013

Carpet Man Update and Tile Install

So here is the quick update on the Craigslist carpet guy.  I went with the $40 guy and almost got my monies worth.  He arrived late and showed up with a van that clearly did not have the capacity to haul away everything.  However, I spent about 45 minutes in sheer amazement as the two gents stuffed and loaded about 80% of the product into the van and on top.  I think my favorite part was watching them strap down the rolls of carpet to the roof using old TV cable they had found.  It wouldn't be my first choice in a tie down product but they earned a couple of MacGyver points for creativity.  If you don't already have a visual, here is an official pic of the men at work.


Speaking of carpet, we ripped up the lovely carpet that was in the master bathroom.  Gross, I know. The demo was relatively easy and we found some great priced 12 x 24 porcelain tile at Lowes.  Shotko Tile did a great job installing the flooring in 1.5 days.  I would highly recommend their team of tile guys.  Below are the before and after pics.

 Old tile in the water closet.  It took about 2 hours to remove the tile and cement board.  Pretty basic task.  It was really an excuse for me to bust out the 5 lb. sledge and have a little fun.

 HardieBacker Cement Board installed.

 More HardieBacker

 Tile floor mortared prior to grout

 Another pre-grout pic.  Note the freshly painted walls.  If you are looking for a painter, I recommend Ted Wilda Fine Home Painting.  Hit him up to Twitter or Email to connect.

  Another pre-grout angle

Final product

 Another angle with Ella testing the new floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment